Myself

My Photo

I go to Orange Coast College. I'm taking Sociology 185, Political Science 101, History 175, and Film 100. I work at Adams Ave. Donuts every Saturday and Sunday morning at 5am. I usually spend my time just hanging out with close friends of mine. Still making great memories with my friends that I will one day look back on and hopefully get to talk about it and share with all of them.

Work.

12:59 PM / Crafted by Anthony Connolly /

Well i got to work at 4:45 this morning and by 5:00 when we open we already had a line out the door and i was the only guy working the place. A person was supposed to come in at 5:00 but slept in, and another was supposed to come in at 5:30 but also slept in. So its 5:40 and the line is so rediculas by now because im making coffee, serving people, and trying to put the donuts out in the case and do the creamer and if im not helping a customer and am making more coffee or bringing out donuts that means theres a line of about 15 people just staring at me waiting to order. so finally someone comes in at 5:45 and then the other at 5:50. and then for the next 3 hours it was a constant "I can help the next customer in line". then after i cleaned the back up and got home, i got a call about the back flooding. so i drove back to work, cleaned up the flood, made sure someone was coming to come fix the pluming since water was just coming out from underneath the toilet. and now im home, rdy to start my day! woohoo.

9 comments for ant:

Comment by Danae on February 21, 2009 at 2:40 PM

One would think that in todays environment that you'd AT LEAST be to work on time. Who are these people? What's more, right now, I can't help but think that if this isn't a one off, there are other people that obviously need jobs more ready to work and be on time for such!! People are STUPID!

Comment by Diane on February 21, 2009 at 11:16 PM

i agree with your mom...what kind of flakes saunter into work whenever they please? Especially, when they know how hard they make it for the person who is there. on the positive side, you are lucky to have a job where the time flies by and you are busy. HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD DAY!

Comment by John Class on February 22, 2009 at 1:57 AM

Ant, I need an apple fritter and a diet coke. Do I have to drive all the way to Orange County to get it?

Comment by Danae on February 22, 2009 at 8:40 AM

John, it might be worth it...Jess and I always get our stuff there for free!!

Comment by jessica23 on February 22, 2009 at 12:39 PM

its sounds like ur workers are kind of lazy!!!! you know, heather is looking for a job and will take anything...i mean ANYTHING....got any openings???

Comment by Anthony Connolly on February 22, 2009 at 2:57 PM

yep john, come on down to the shop. and replying to everyone talkin smack on the guys that came late, its cheeel. i come in late too sometimes, its an early job and you got 16-19 year olds running the place on weekend mornings. obveously there are going to be days were kids were out too late the night before and slept in. life goes on. and they arnt coming in whenever they please, haha, they sleep in, i call them and they go "oh shit, im coming". and to jess, i have about 5 people who ask me monthly if there are any openings because they cant get jobs and know ive hired plenty of friends in the past. but no openings have happened in like 3 or 4 months, and i filled that with josh.

Comment by Diane on February 23, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I will adjust my view, considering it is an accepted part of the job to sleep in, if needed. I made my remarks thinking you were a lone diligent worker at the mercy of flakes. I was just being protective......

Comment by Anthony Connolly on February 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM

haha di. i understand were you guys were coming from, im not happy when people sleep in because obviously it makes the job so much harder for the people that need you there, but i dont really have my say in it since we've all done it. it isnt an accepted part of the job, it just happens sometimes.

Comment by Anthony Connolly on February 23, 2009 at 12:19 PM

and i apreciate everyones comments saying they they are flakes because obviously by just reading that blog post all you get from it was i was there on time, and 2 people left me to die. but what you dont get from it is that was the only time that happened to me, and i go into work late sometimes also.

Post a Comment